Healthy Habits Crew is a 6 week group workshop led by Chatham Works Nutrition Specialist & Physical Therapist, Barbara Blackwell. (See bio below.)
WHEN: Mondays at 5:30 pm, starting on October 25th.
COST: $150 for all 6 sessions. (Limited to 15 participants.)
The goals of the workshop are:
To help participants learn more about key concepts related to wellness.
To give participants the opportunity to share their experiences and learn together.
Each weekly session will start with a 15 minute presentation focused on one of the following topics, followed by a 30 minute interactive open Q&A and discussion forum. The topics are:
Macronutrients & Calories
Hydration & Body Composition
Sleep & Stress
Vitamins & Supplements
Types of Exercise
(Please get in touch if you have any questions!)
About Barbara Blackwell:
Barbara's extensive educational and professional background provides her with a deep, multi-disciplinary perspective on matters related to health, nutrition, exercise, and wellness. Her credentials include:
- Master of Physical Therapy (Old Dominion University)
- Certified Integrated Manual Therapist
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Specialist Functional Strength Training Specialist (American Council on Exercise)
- Certified Nutrition Specialist practitioner (Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists)
- Post Master's Certificate in Nutrition & Integrative Health (Maryland University of Integrative Health)
- 4.5 years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center working with combat wounded soldiers, amputees, active duty military and retirees.